Making of Rifleman 

2008-12-10 13:32 发布

Making of Rifleman Hi, my name is Robin Benes and my internet nickname is Tes. In this making, I would like to present to you the process of making my picture "Rifleman". I will show you how I proceeded with the modeling, texturing and postproduction. The most inspiring thing for me is art by Blizzard entertainment and because I´m a big fan of Warcraft I hxxe started work on "my" Rifleman. I used 3ds max, Zbrush, Photoshop, Brazil R/s. Reference Images This was my plan on how to work: 1. Get reference images 2. Character modelling 3. Unwrapping 4. Texturing + Shader testing 5. Adding details with Zbrush for displacement maps 6. Rigging and posing 7. Camera placement,lighting and rendering 8. Postproduction Character Modeling I´ve started with head - I think that it´s the most important part of every character. Every time I try to keep my polycage fairly simple and lowpoly, then export it into ZBrush as .obj format and do a lot of tweaking and then import it back in Max Textures Resource Photos for my textures are taken www.3d.sk. For head i did 4096 * 4096 px textures
B Color Smilies

全部评论25

• 拉链掉了
    拉链掉了 2008-12-10 13:34:00

回复: Making of Rifleman

Body Modeling It is same like the head - Create a low poly model with right mesh topology for good rigging and export it to Zbrush, add details, calculate displacement maps and export it back to max with 1 divide-to keep some basic mesh details done with Zbrush. I didn´t create any great details for the body because the armor covers almost everything Body Textures Because whole body hxxe only one 4096 * 4096px texture and I used 5 different mask textures for masking shaders - skin, fabric, metals, leather. On the body were used 14 textures - by 2048*2048 to 4096*4096 Armor Armor was the biggest and the most important part of the character. In the original artwork by Blizzard, armor is "simple" and looks cheap. I liked to make it like some rare and extra expensive stuff.
  • 拉链掉了
    拉链掉了 2008-12-10 13:36:00

Armor Textures Because the armor contains wood and steel ornaments, I used 2 mask textures for masking shaders.On the armor were used 41 textures - 1600*1600 px or 2048*2048 px Armor texture sample - Chest Armor Accessories Rifle, baggage, cape, bear trap, knifes, bullet belts these are not so important things, but gives good look to the character Texturing and Materials Texturing tips: 1. Textures are the most important part of whole model - try to get the best and biggest textures 2. Bake your model shadows into a lightmap - really useful in Photoshop 3. Try to paint as big textures as your computer can handle - you can make them xxaller anytime. 4. If you are doing characters - on www.3D.sk - the biggest database of textures for characters you will get Materials: I used for everything Brazil advanced shaders - standard,skin and velvet. For steel materials I used Simbiont shaders - they are free and really great
  • 拉链掉了
    拉链掉了 2008-12-10 13:39:00

ZBrush Tips Things that you need to keep in mind before exporting from MAX are : 1. Try to make you model all quads - no triangles and Ngones - they do a really big mess in ZBrush 2. No holes in your models. 3. All the UV's must be in in the borders of UV editor window - not out!. 4. There should be no overlapping in the UV's. 5. Reset Xform Export the *.obj right - it´s nothing worse than finished and detailed model with wrong exported mapping. Rigging and Posing For rigging and posing i used standart Character studio biped with skin modifier.There are much more powerfull plugins for animation like C.A.T. system. In MAX8 is really good skin modifier with really great tools. I do everytime for skinning short 10 frames long animations of bending legs, arms and other because you can better see what needs to be repaired Camera Placement, Lighting and Rendering If lighting or camera is bad ,the image is automatically bad and all your work goes to hell - So pay few hours in ligthing and camera test - you hxxe nothing to loose. For my rifleman scene i used 5 brazil spots and a HDRmap. For Rendering - the worst part for me-25 hours of waiting. Now I came to know that my computer is really old for scenes like my Rifleman Post Production After those 25 hours I reached to the rendered image. Finally I spent some time searching on the Internet for nice skies and mountains. The final background is a composition of about 20 different pictures. After about 20 hours of work in Photoshop I reached to final image composition with mountains, sky, flying snow, color correction
  • 7柒
    7柒 2008-12-15 02:59:00

回复:Making of Rifleman

只怪我英文不好,不过还是顶你了,谢谢你
  • jdk900
    jdk900 2008-12-18 01:02:00

Hi, my name is Robin Benes and my internet nickname is Tes. In this making, I would like to present to you the process of making my picture "Rifleman". I will show you how I proceeded with the modeling, texturing and postproduction. 大家好,我是Robin Benes,我的网名是Tes。这次,我将会给大家展示我的作品“Rifleman”的制作流程。我将会介绍我是怎样处理我的模型、贴图和后期处理的。 The most inspiring thing for me is art by Blizzard entertainment and because I´m a big fan of Warcraft I hxxe started work on "my" Rifleman. I used 3ds max, Zbrush, Photoshop, Brazil R/s. 因为我是魔兽争霸的一个粉丝,所以我的这件作品的灵感来自于暴雪公司。我是使用3DMAX、ZBRUSH、PS和Brazil R/s来制作的。 Reference Images设计到的图片 This was my plan on how to work:下面是我的一些制作想法 1. Get reference images收集参考图片 2. Character modeling 角色建模 3. Unwrapping 展UV 4. Texturing + Shader testing 贴图和材质测试 5. Adding details with Zbrush for displacement maps 用ZBRUSH的置换贴图增加部分细节 6. Rigging and posing 绑定和摆姿势 7. Camera placement,lighting and rendering 摄像机、灯光和渲染 8. Postproduction 后其合成 Character Modeling 角色建模 I´ve started with head - I think that it´s the most important part of every character. Every time I try to keep my polycage fairly simple and lowpoly, then export it into ZBrush as .obj format and do a lot of tweaking and then import it back in Max 我是从头部开始的,我想这个部位是大多数模型最重要的位置。每次我都试着让我的模型保持布线均匀并且尽可能少的面数,然后导出OBJ文件再导入到ZBURSH中,增加一些细节,然后回导入到3DMAX中。 Textures贴图 Resource Photos for my textures are taken www.3d.sk. For head i did 4096 * 4096 px textures我是从www.3d.sk下载照片作为我的贴图素材的,头部我用了4096*4096的图片(真够大的,还是习惯用4K的图片作为4096*4096的简称) Body Modeling 身体的建模 It is same like the head - Create a low poly model with right mesh topology for good rigging and export it to Zbrush, add details, calculate displacement maps and export it back to max with 1 divide-to keep some basic mesh details done with Zbrush. I didn´t create any great details for the body because the armor covers almost everything 跟头部一样,建立一个低模(注意布线),然后导入到ZBRUSH中增加细节。生成置换贴图然后导回3DMAX中。在此期间我对于模型的细节没有进行多的更改,因为身体的很多部分都是包在盔甲中的。(节省资源) Body Textures身体贴图 Because whole body hxxe only one 4096 * 4096px texture and I used 5 different mask textures for masking shaders - skin, fabric, metals, leather. On the body were used 14 textures - by 2048*2048 to 4096*4096 因为整个身体只有4K像素的贴图,所以我使用了五种不同的遮罩贴图贴图作为材质—皮肤、纺织物、金属、皮革。身体上用了14张贴图,从2K到4K的都有。 Armor 盔甲 Armor was the biggest and the most important part of the character. In the original artwork by Blizzard, armor is "simple" and looks cheap. I liked to make it like some rare and extra expensive stuff. 盔甲是角色身体上最重要也是最大的地方。在暴雪的最初设定中,盔甲是相当简单也节省资源的。我喜欢把它做的非常有感觉。(耗费资源也多) Armor Textures盔甲贴图 Because the armor contains wood and steel ornaments, I used 2 mask textures for masking shaders.On the armor were used 41 textures - 1600*1600 px or 2048*2048 px 因为盔甲包括木头和金属装饰品,在盔甲材质中我使用了2个遮罩贴图,用了41张贴图,1.5K到2K之间大小的贴图。 Armor texture sample - Chest Armor盔甲贴图例子-胸甲。 Accessories附件 Rifle, baggage, cape, bear trap, knifes, bullet belts these are not so important things, but gives good look to the character 来福枪、背包、捕猎锁套,斗篷,刀具,子弹袋等虽然不是重要的物品,但是能够为角色增色不少。 Texturing and Materials 贴图和材质 Texturing tips: 贴图的小贴士 1. Textures are the most important part of whole model - try to get the best and biggest textures 贴图是整个模型最重要的部分,试着做好并且尽量用大的贴图。 2. Bake your model shadows into a lightmap - really useful in Photoshop 烘焙你的模型阴影作为lightmap,这在后面用PS处理贴图的时候相当有用。 3. Try to paint as big textures as your computer can handle - you can make them xxaller anytime. 如果系统配置可以的话,尽量把让贴图大一点,你可以在后面的工作中把贴图改小。 4. If you are doing characters - on www.3D.sk - the biggest database of textures for characters you will get 如果你做角色的画,请上www.3D.sk这个网站,非常全的一个贴图素材库。 Materials:材质 I used for everything Brazil advanced shaders - standard,skin and velvet. For steel materials I used Simbiont shaders - they are free and really great 我使用的是Brazil advanced shaders(听说过但没用过),标准的皮肤材质和光滑表面,金属材质我使用的是Simbiont shaders。他们都是免费的并且很好用。 Things that you need to keep in mind before exporting from MAX are : 在你想要通过MAX导出的时候请务必在心中谨记以下几点: 1. Try to make you model all quads - no triangles and Ngones - they do a really big mess in ZBrush 让你的模型都是四边面,没有三角面和多便面。否则可能会引起你的ZBURSH布线混乱。(其实我觉得少量的三角面也没什么) 2. No holes in your models. 模型上没有洞(封闭的模型) 3. All the UV's must be in in the borders of UV editor window - not out!. 所有的UV必须在UV编辑器的窗口内,不要超出它。 4. There should be no overlapping in the UV's. UV必须没有重叠。 5. Reset Xform 复位XFORM Export the *.obj right - it´s nothing worse than finished and detailed model with wrong exported mapping. 输出OBJ文件,输出必须准确无误,确保模型的UV正确。 Rigging and Posing绑定和摆姿势 For rigging and posing i used standart Character studio biped with skin modifier.There are much more powerfull plugins for animation like C.A.T. system. In MAX8 is really good skin modifier with really great tools. I do everytime for skinning short 10 frames long animations of bending legs, arms and other because you can better see what needs to be repaired 在绑定和摆姿势中,我使用standart Character studio biped with skin modifier(也没用过),它像MAX8中的CAT插件一样好用。简单绑定好后让模型做简单的动作来检查绑定是否有问题。 Camera Placement, Lighting and Rendering摄影机的布置,灯光和渲染 If lighting or camera is bad ,the image is automatically bad and all your work goes to hell - So pay few hours in ligthing and camera test - you hxxe nothing to loose. For my rifleman scene i used 5 brazil spots and a HDRmap. For Rendering - the worst part for me-25 hours of waiting. Now I came to know that my computer is really old for scenes like my Rifleman 如果灯光和摄影机很烂,最终的图像以及是所有的工作都会很烂。所以用几个小时在灯光和摄影机的测试上是相当值得的!我的这个场景中我用了五个brazil spots 和一个 HDRmap。对我来说最难熬的就是25个小时的等待时间,这让我充分的认识到了我的电脑已经很难承受这样级别的模型制作。 Post Production After those 25 hours I reached to the rendered image. Finally 25个小时后,我看到了渲染出来的图片。 I spent some time searching on the Internet for nice skies and mountains. The final background is a composition of about 20 different pictures. After about 20 hours of work in Photoshop I reached to final image composition with mountains, sky, flying snow, color correction 我用了一些时间来搜索有关山和厚雪的场景,最后的背景图是用了20多张不同的照片合成的。包括山体、天空、飞雪和调色在PS中用了我差不多20个小时。 (翻译完毕,希望对大家有帮助!我的邮箱 jdk900@gmail.com
  • 梦儿
    梦儿 2008-12-18 03:09:00

感谢jdk900的翻译
  • 幽谷
    幽谷 2008-12-23 19:59:00

在别的论坛看到这篇文章 正想转载过来呢 呵呵 我们的队伍与时俱进
  • kuangyuebo
    kuangyuebo 2009-1-4 13:48:00

好贴顶顶顶