Napoleon Crossing the Alps 

2011-05-16 14:33 发布

1590 1 0
This is my interpretation of the painting done by French artist Jacques-Louis David between 1801 and 1805. This model has taken my computer to the limits. It had even crashed my computer to the point where I had to destructively reboot my computer to the factory state. I lost all of the model at that point except the head hat and scarf. Due to my hardware limitations I am unable to refine this model. just getting these renders at full resolution of the model was a sketchy expperience But here it is.

A little about the model:

100% zbrush, all pieces of the model where created from either zspheres, zbrush primatives, or extractions. I could of used another program but I just love creating in zbrush, it gives me the feel of just grabbing clay and sticking it to the sculpture.

The model was sculpted in the posed state. I usually sculpt from the T-Pose then pose the character; which is the way I did my previous model "The Three Graces" But I was just wanting an artistic experience with this peice so I sculpted it like you would a maquette.

I took liberties with my rendition of this peice. After all if we wanted an exact copy of the picture we could just look at the picture The face is actually from another painting by J.L. David. Which actuall gave me a wonderful profile. The original face seemed too timid and young For my taste so I went with the current head.

As always comments and Critiques are welcomed and appreciated, and thanks for taking interest in my work!

作者:darrickpister

楼主新帖

B Color Smilies

全部评论1

你可能喜欢

Napoleon Crossing the Alps 
联系
我们
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表