前腐后继 发表于 2006-12-31 14:38:00

Xna的过去和现在第二部分

<div class="StaticTopicBar" id="StaticTopicBar" style="DISPLAY: block;"><div class="StaticTopicBar" id="StaticTopicBar" style="DISPLAY: block;"></div>XNA Then and Now Part Two</div><p>Hello again,</p><p>再次问候</p><p>I can’t tell you all how great it is to finally talk about what we’ve really been building in the XNA team. At GDC this year we showed off managed code running on an Xbox 360. We positioned it as a tool to help the professional industry, which it is. I expect it to be an excellent environment for casual games of all types and it will make inroads into FPS and other big games over time.</p><p>我实在无法全面描述我们XNA团队的所有伟大计划。这里我来谈谈我们目前的一些工作成果。在今年的GDC上我们发布了在Xbox360上运行托管代码的演示。我们把它定位为一个为从业人员提供帮助的工具。我希望它可以成为一个便捷构造游戏的优秀开发环境。它将会对FPS等其它大型游戏产生冲击。</p><p>When we showed this off, there was quite a bit of speculation about how cool it would be if we let the community at large have access to managed code on their Xbox 360. We all smiled and bit our tongues and looked forward to today, when we could talk about things for real.</p><p>当我们发布的时候,我们不禁想到社区中的大多数人可以在他们的Xbox360上运行托管代码将是多么夸张地一件事情。我们都在紧闭着嘴偷笑,并且期待着这一天我们可以真正讨论这些内容。</p><p>The essence of our announcement today is this. We will ship XNA Game Studio Express this fall. It is all about helping the community at large develop games using the Visual Studio environment on the Windows computers. Then they can run those games on either Windows– or on their retail Xbox 360. Yes. That is right. You will be able to run your own code on a regular, bought-at-a-store, Xbox 360, including the one that you already own.</p><p>我们今天这次的发布实质也宣告了我们将在今年秋天实现一个称为“XNA Game Studio Express”的项目。使用它社区中的普通人就可以使用Visual Studio 环境在Windows环境下开发游戏了。然后他们可以在Windows或者他们的零售版Xbox360上运行自己的游戏。是的,正是这样!你的代码可以运行在你拥有的普通平台或是Xbox360上!</p><p>That is the part of the announcement that I expect will get the most attention, however, I want to emphasize that this is a program that will help you learn and develop games in general. Following the path we explored at GDC when we gave away the source code and art to the game MechCommander, we will continue to give away working examples of games that can run on either platform. You’ll be able to get the first one when you download the (windows only) beta of the tools in September. </p><p>以上是发布目的的一个方面,而同时我希望大家注意到这个项目旨在帮助大家学习和开发新一代的游戏软件。在我们发布了MechCommander,的源代码和素材之后,我们还将继续给出其它平台上的运行实例。在九月份你就可以得到第一个beta版开发工具(只针对Windows平台)。</p><p>After GDC in spring, someone correctly pointed out that opening the Xbox 360 would be a tough business model for us, as Microsoft, to support because of the economic realities of the game console business. They were right. Running unsigned code on your Xbox 360 will require a yearly subscription of $99.00. The tools Windows runtimes will be free of charge. The subscription allows us to open up the console within the bounds of the Xbox business model, invest in interesting sample games, and keep the program going.</p><p>今年春天在GDC上,有人指出Xbox360平台的特别商业开放方式是我们的一个重要障碍。确实在你的Xbox360上运行非签名代码需要花费每年$99.00的订金。Windows运行工具将是免费的。</p><p>When I was a kid, I begged my parents to get me a computer. They finally relented and I became the proud owner of a Timex-Sinclair 1000, with the 16k ram expansion. This machine couldn’t do much, but I was able to write several very simple games on it. This is how I learned to love programming, and it was the start of my career. We want to give this same experience to as many people as we can. We’ve heard from many parents who want to turn games into a creative, educational experience they can do with their child. There are several schools who are working on introductory game engines aimed at teenagers.</p><p>当我还是个孩子的时候,我曾恳求我的父母给我买一台电脑。最后由于他们的关爱使我拥有了一台当时颇为得意的Timex-Sinclair 1000,还外带16k的扩展RAM。那台机器并不能干太多的事情,但是在那上面我完成了许多非常简单的小游戏。从那我开始了对编程的热爱,以及我的职业生涯。我们希望把这样经历带给更多的人。我们听到许多的父母希望游戏能给他们的孩子带来创造力和教育意义。许多的学校正在使用针对青少年的教育游戏进行教学。</p><p>The program we are building, however, is more than a beginner tool. You will be able to write full-on games with shaders and high-end graphics if you want to go deeper. For example, we have an excellent relationship with Garage Games. They’ve been creating a managed code version of their tools and engines that work the XNA technologies. They’ve built a souped up version of Marble-Blast entirely in C# that is just rocking.</p><p>我们所进行的项目不仅仅是针对初学者的工具。只要你愿意深入下去你可以使你的游戏带有渲染和其它高级图形效果。例如基于我们和Garage Games的良好关系,他们已经在XNA技术上完成了一些托管代码的工具和引擎。他们已经完全用C#实现了一个增强版的Marble-Blast。(图略)</p><p>They’ve also got lots of tools that will make game development much more accessible to the story tellers and artists who aren’t as into fancy code.</p><p>他们还编写了一些工具来方便那些对代码感冒的游戏策划人员开发游戏。</p><p>Anyway, we are all very excited about this stuff. It feels good to do something that will improve the community around us and create innovative new games at the same time. There will be much more new stuff to talk about as we move through the year.</p><p>总的来讲,面对这样的产品我们都相当兴奋。我们相信它可以帮助大家开发出充满新意的游戏。这一年中我们将还会有好多新的东西和大家探讨。</p><p>Because this is a blog and not the actual press announcement, I can talk about the big obvious hole in the plan. When we ship XNA Game Studio Express this fall, you will be able to share your final product with anyone on your windows machine that you want, but there is no support for sharing Xbox binaries other than sending your source around. We fully intend to fix this in the future, and if I have anything to do about it, it will be sooner than later. The more people that sign up for the subscription and start showing cool innovative content that everyone wants, the easier it will be to get this done.</p><p>因为这里只是一个Blog并不是正式的公告,所以我可以来谈谈这个计划产生的一个明显缺陷。当我们在今年秋天开发XNA Game Studio期间,你只可以在Windows上和其他人分享你的最终产品,但是不支持发布Xbox的Binary文件(除了源代码)。我们以后将会致力于解决这个问题。其实只要越多的人在Xbox上签订,并且越来越多的涌现出大家喜闻乐见的创意,我想这个问题肯定会很容易得到解决的。</p><p>The last thing I want to say is that I feel very fortunate to work with such a talented and prolific group of people as we have on the XNA team. We want to bring game creativity to the world and do it this year. We are all looking forward to seeing and playing with the innovative games the community makes with XNA Game Studio Express.</p><p>最后我要说的是,我觉得和XNA团队这样一个充满才华而多产的团队一起工作实在是我的荣幸。这一年来我们为了给世界带来更有创意的游戏而努力。我们都渴望看到和玩到用XNA Game Studio Express开发的好游戏。</p><p>Thanks,</p><p>Boyd Multerer</p><p>Product Unit Manager - XNA</p>
页: [1]
查看完整版本: Xna的过去和现在第二部分